Friday 11 March 2011

Making dinner with Mom

Yesterday I helped my mom make pork & vegetable stir fry and quinoa for supper.  Quinoa looks like tiny round noodles, but it's way healthier. We put 'gai lan' in it, too. I don't know what it's called in English, but it's a green vegetable, that we eat at Dim Sum. I like the leaf part better than the stem because it's juicier. Mom let me bash the lemon grass with a meat tenderizer so that it smells and tastes more like lemon. She then cooked pieces of pork and showed me how it looks when it's done.
 Also, I wanted to tell you about a cool cooking show for kids. It's on Sunday mornings at 11:30 on channel 5 (Knowledge Network) and it's called 'Taste Buds'.
  Tomorrow it's my dad's birthday, so we will bake his favourite lemon cake. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment